My BMW app

Faults and Technical chat for the BMW iX1
NitrOus

Post by NitrOus »

Hi Gents,

Have an issue with the remote control buttons in My BMW app (lock/unlock/pre-condition, etc)
When you just finished your ride (or charge car) then these buttons works fine.
but after 15-20 minutes passed then you are not able to use them.

Error message:

"The following restrictions prohibit the execution of Remote Services: For safety reasons Remote Services are unavailable when in drive-ready mode. Remote Services can only be executed when the battery is sufficiently charged. The Lock and Unlock Remote Services can only be executed when the driver's door is closed and the door status is known."

I googled the problem and it seems I am not the one who experienced this.
Many users advise to reset iDrive system (press and hold volume button for around 30 sec) but this didn't help me

Anyone faced same issues and maybe can advise how to fix it?

Again, all works within first 5-10 min after you closed the car but then car like a "sleeping" and connection cannot go through

Thanks in advance

NitrOus

Post by NitrOus »

IMG_7809.PNG

David55

Post by David55 »

I have this exact problem. Have reported to BMW connected who advised the idrive reset (didn’t work) and to delete and reinstall the app (also didn’t work). Waiting for them to get back to me but they seem to take days to reply, and when they don’t have an answer (like now), not reply at all.

It seems to be common enough that you can find others with the same problem, so it’s frustrating that BMW don’t seem to know about it. (Or pretend they don’t!!). It seems to me like it some sort of hardware problem - like you say it’s like the car goes to sleep and then can’t be contacted. It can’t be affecting eveybody otherwise there would be loads of reports so it must be fixable. I guess at some point it just has to go back to the dealers but they are going to need some input from BMW UK otherwise they will just say it’s an app problem.

I’ll try and remember to come back on here if I get anywhere
NitrOus

Post by NitrOus »

My appointment to BMW is tomorrow morning.
I will let you know the outcome.
David55

Post by David55 »

Thanks v much - hope they sorted it out for you
David55

Post by David55 »

Was the dealer visit successful?
shunter

Post by shunter »

Yes I have the same problem and have been given the same advice as others from BMW connect services support. I was told (20 July ) that problem was now fixed with MyBMW app version 3.7 and an update of the BMW car apps. Well ne it hasn't .
David55

Post by David55 »

BMW connect support have been really disappointing. They take weeks to reply and then continually ask for details about the app, often repeating themselves from things I’ve already given them. I don’t think this is solvable from an app or software perspective. I’ve been chatting to somebody on the Facebook IX1 group with the same issue and he took it into a dealer who just reset the software and told him it was fixed…of course it isn’t. There are enough people reporting an issue to suggest it’s definetly there, and it sounds like some sort of issue with the tech that connects the car to the app after it’s shutdown - either with the hardware or with the batteries that power it.
David55

Post by David55 »

I find it hard to believe that BMW UK don’t know what is causing the issue. My plan is to take the car to the dealer when I get some time in September and I’ll report back when it’s fixed. If anybody else gets an answer sooner be great to hear about it, but if anybody else has this issue I wouldn’t bother with BMW connected, I would just take it to your dealer - but just make it clear that the problem is only after the car has been shutdown for around 5-10 minutes and the problem is consistently repeatable.
shunter

Post by shunter »

Just to add to David55 last note about taking the car to the dealer. The app records the success / failures of remote services - so do a few tests and show them the app log.